[foms] Proceedings to FOMS

Philip Jägenstedt philipj at opera.com
Wed Oct 13 07:01:42 PDT 2010

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 09:54:43 +0200, Jeroen Wijering
<jeroen at longtailvideo.com> wrote:

> What happens with the "rightclick save as" of a video in browsers? Is
> that a separate request to the server, or are the videos pulled from
> cache? And is it still possible to browse your local cache and copy over
> files with certain browsers?

The data is in cache on disk, but at least in Opera the format of that
file is jumbled in order to store only the parts of the resource that have
been downloaded. For this reason, I also believe we start a new download
using "save as", as that's easier than writing the code to only download
the missing parts and put it together. It could also be completely buggy,
I haven't tested it :)

--
Philip Jägenstedt
Core Developer