[foms] Proceedings to FOMS

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 06:10:04 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

let me start by saying a big thank you to all participants of FOMS - we had
a great two days with lots of solution-focused discussions. There was a
strong bias towards solving adaptive HTTP streaming, but that just shows
that this is the time to do something about it.

I've updated the Website at http://www.foms-workshop.org/foms2010OVC/ with
notes, uploaded the slides, and put links in to blog posts that attendees
wrote. Go forage around, in particular in the Proceedings.

One thing I'd like help with is the Community Goals. We weren't as thorough
as in previous years in getting each breakout group to write down a
short-term and a long-term goal. So, I have tried to extrapolate some of
these goals from the discussion notes. Here's what I've arrived at:
http://www.foms-workshop.org/foms2010OVC/pmwiki.php/Main/CommunityGoals

If you have any others to add, please feel free to edit the wiki directly or
email a reply.

There's lots of stuff to do for open media in the coming year and I look
forward to the progress made by the next FOMS!

Cheers,
Silvia.