[foms] Excellent read on HTML5 video

John Luther johnluther at webmproject.org
Fri Nov 19 06:13:55 PST 2010

Hi, Jeroen. I attended Jan's WebM presentation at Streaming Media West
last month, which was pretty positive overall (slides are here:
http://www.streamingmedia.com/conferences/west2010/presentations/SMWest-2010-H264-VP8.pdf).
I don't think he's anti-HTML5 so much as thinks people were too early
in crowning it "the Flash killer." I agree with that in general but
also think he underestimates how quickly <video> will evolve &
improve.

--JL