[foms] Proposal: adaptive streaming using open codecs

Timothy B. Terriberry tterriberry at mozilla.com
Fri Nov 12 10:41:09 PST 2010

> And eventually we will be adding other streams too. For chunked vs full
> file, I'm just going with what content creators on this list have
> already said.

Most of the comments I've seen (e.g., from the Netflix camp) expressly
do not care about the case of live streaming (which, not being part of
their current business, is understandable). This didn't appear anywhere
in your pro/con list above. It's fine to separate out the "live" use
case and to choose our priorities, but we shouldn't pretend it doesn't
exist.