[foms] Just Arrived

Philip Jägenstedt philipj at opera.com
Thu Nov 11 01:18:12 PST 2010

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 22:35:40 +0100, Steve Lhomme <slhomme at matroska.org>
wrote:

> Also is javascript a requirement for this ? Or just pointing to a
> proper URL would be enough for the browser to know it's adaptative and
> handle it silently ?

We want to make it possible to build this with JavaScript, and at least my
opinion is that we should to that before creating a manifest format,
standardizing switchover heuristics and everything else that's needed to
make <video src="adaptive.stream"> just work. This will lower the bar for
an initial trial implementation as something people can experiment and
gain experience with before going ahead with the next level of
standardization and experimentation.

--
Philip Jägenstedt
Core Developer