[foms] Proposal: adaptive streaming using open codecs

David R videophool at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 21:45:09 PDT 2010

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 17:13:32, Chris wrote:
>Muxing on the client seems to make sense to enable adaptive streaming
The best solution is to have a media pipeline that allows delivering audio & video samples directly to the decoder.  That said, if a particular client does not support the sample delivery model, then client muxing may be appropriate (better than delivering muxed streams).  We did a BD-Java adaptive streaming client for the PS-3, and the client had to mux the A/V before passing it to the BD playback engine.  It was fairly simple, because BD specifies a 1-second audio buffer, and we muxed 2/3 second chunks.
David