[foms] Adaptive streaming

David R videophool at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 1 12:10:51 PDT 2010

On Monday, Mon, 1 Nov 2010, fgalligan wrote:
> Each Vorbis stream has its own setup data that would be needed before you decode that stream.
We use currently use Ogg-Vorbis on our Wii platform (in fragmented MP4).  We carry the setup data in in the sample description box.  In our adaptive streaming model we never switch audio once playback has begun (except at seek or re-buffer).
> VP8 streams do not have any setup data to decode a specific stream. As long as you start on a key frame you should be ok.
We are currently using VC-1, AVC, and MP4-part2.  In each of these, we have a sequence header per GOP, and the decoder handles seamless switching fine.  I am not familiar with VP8, but I guess that it will not be different for VP8.