[Flac] flacc.exe verses ffmpeg compression

Michael D. Lawler mdlawler at lawlers.us
Thu Sep 15 17:12:11 UTC 2022

I didn't pay attention and didn't reply to
all.  I've done more research and it appears that
compression level 12 from ffmpeg uses -l
32.  Using the --lax and -l 32 options in flac
causes it to compress much better than
ffmpeg.  Since all of my players work fine with
the -l 32 option this seems to be a good solution for me.

At 08:34 AM 9/15/2022, Martijn van Beurden wrote:
>Op do 15 sep. 2022 om 14:32 schreef Michael D.
>Lawler <<mailto:mdlawler at lawlers.us>mdlawler at lawlers.us>:
>Are there any -A parameters I can try?  Any other ideas?
>

>I recommend visiting Hydrogenaud.io,
>specifically this thread:
><https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,122949.0.html>https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,122949.0.html
>
>There are quite a few people there trying
>various things to get max compression out of FLAC.

Michael D. Lawler
email mailto:mdlawler at lawlers.us