[Flac] Getting help (FLAC + MSVC)

Brian Willoughby brianw at audiobanshee.com
Fri Jan 8 17:01:16 UTC 2021

This list used to be more active, but it was never a support list. I assume that the goal of creating the list was to allow users to discuss problems amongst themselves and share their experiences and solutions.

FLAC is a free, open-source project started by an individual, with help from a few dedicated people over the years. It's not exactly the kind of situation where there's money to pay support staff.

If you can search the archives, you'll probably find a great deal of discussion about MSVC. Perhaps it would be better to look at the sibling mailing list: [Flac-dev] where programming environments are discussed. I seem to recall many messages there about Windows and MSVC. Personally, I left Windows behind in the early nineties and never looked back, so I can't help you.

In response to your other question, I don't really know whether there is another discussion group for FLAC users or developers. Perhaps someone else knows. Documentation has certainly moved around, and there's been a second wave of developers after Josh Coalson, the creator, consider FLAC to be a completed success.

Brian Willoughby