[Flac] flac -- exhaustive model search vs. -A <*>?

Linda A. Walsh flac at tlinx.org
Sun Jun 10 21:32:41 PDT 2012

what does the exhaustive model search do?

Does it try all of the functions listed under "-A" to find the 'best',
i.e. bartlett, bartlett_hann, blackman, blackman_har-
     ris_4term_92db, connes, flattop, gauss(STDDEV),  hamming,  hann,
     kaiser_bessel, nuttall, rectangle, triangle, tukey(P), welch.

Or is that something else?

I've been using the -e option for a while in my flac encoding,
but for something that sounds like it should be slow I wonder
if it is testing all the models or if it might not be
working correctly?

 Thanks...