[Flac] tag.exe & stderr

Martin Leese martin.leese at stanfordalumni.org
Mon Jul 25 13:50:48 PDT 2011

"j ." <hufaunder at yahoo.com>

> I am using "tag.exe --simple [filename]"?to get some information about tags
> for a flac file. However, the output is going to stderr.
> So am I doing something wrong or does tag send all info to
> stderr? If so is there a reason why?

I have never used Tag, but when I looked in
the instruction file at:
    http://www.synthetic-soul.co.uk/files/tag.txt

I found:
    Outputting tags to STDOUT:
    --------------------------
    To output the contents of a tag to STDOUT use:

      Tag --tostdoutn "EACLOG" "C:\My Music\CDImage.wv"

    This can be used in conjunction with redirection to write tag
contents to a text file:

      Tag --tostdoutn "EACLOG" "C:\My Music\CDImage.wv" > log.txt
      Tag --tostdoutn "COMMENT" "C:\My Music\CDImage.wv" > comment.txt

    Only one tag can be written at a time.

Later in the same instruction file, I found:
    All options:
      --stdout          : write tag details to stdout instead of stderr

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin J Leese
E-mail: martin.leese  stanfordalumni.org