[Flac] Some queries regarding FLAC

Nawal Kishor Mishra nawalmishra at gmail.com
Wed May 12 00:24:07 PDT 2010

Dear FLAC team,
    I have some fundamental doubts regarding FLAC encoder:

1) In FLAC encoder there is no option of specifying the bitrate. There is
something called compression-level. I believe that based on the nature of
input WAV file and compression-level chosen bitrate is coming into picture.
As such there is no user control on the bitrate. Is that correct?
2) In FLAC encoder I am also not seeing any option of specifying CBR or VBR.
I assume that by default FLAC encoder is VBR. Is that correct?

Hope to hear soon from you.

Thanks and Regards,
              Nawal Mishra