[Flac] portable flac recorder

Free Lunch freelunch at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 10:59:14 PDT 2010

Rockbox provides that capability on a bunch of hardware.  However,
there are some good reasons to not record directly to flac:

- the complex format of flac makes audio recovery in the event of a
glitch far more difficult than when recording simple pcm/wav
- the cpu requirements of realtime encoding require significantly more
power consumption, heat and battery drain

I have read that the 7xx flac recordings utilize a fairly low level of
compression, so the space savings are not that great.  Though I have
not verified that.

  FL