[Flac] Playing flac files from external hard drive

ABRAHAM NAIM naimabra at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 7 08:47:28 PDT 2010

Hello,

I have a 500GB external hard drive with a lot of music in flac format. I
would like to find a way to play music directly from the drive through a
portable player. I do not own a portable player at the moment and intend to
buy one that can support the above requirement.

What I don't want to do is copy files across and remove them every time I
want to listen to music.
Is there a way to play music directly from the external drive, using a USB
connection, on any portable player?

Thanks,

Abe