[Flac] FLAC suddenly compresses more - why?

Rene Boers reneboers at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 26 06:30:21 PST 2010

Hi guys,
I use EAC to save and compress my CD's to my network drive. In the past my
compression to Flac was slightly worse than the file size shown by EAC. Now,
since about two weeks ago, my compression ends up at about half the size of EAC
i.e. I went from a compression ratio of approx 70% to a ratio of 30%. I get the
feeling that the compression is somehow missing something. Or is the intial
conversion to *.wav files not working properly?
Any help I can get on testing the process etc would be appreciated.
Note: I removed EAC and reinstalled to the latest version, but the compression
was still the "fantastic"30%.

Regards,
Rene