[Flac] FLAC: album replaygain value does not match any track value

porte64 at free.fr porte64 at free.fr
Tue Mar 10 04:06:57 PDT 2009

Hello !

I ran FLAC over 3 wav tracks from the same CD
generating replaygain info.

Actually, albums gain and peak values do not match
any track values (see run below). The TRACK_PEAK values are
identical for the 3 tracks and, which is weird, we have
one track with a TRACK_GAIN greater than the ALBUM_GAIN
whereas another track has a lower value.

I had expected the album values to be the maximum of those of
the tracks.

By the way, i guess the REPLAY_GAIN_TRACK is the gain required
to reach the REFERENCE_LOUDNESS.

# flac --replay-gain *.wav

# for f in *.flac; do echo "\n$f";  metaflac --export-tags-to= - $f; done

e512100f_00.flac
REPLAYGAIN_REFERENCE_LOUDNESS=89.0 dB
REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN=-8.58 dB
REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK=0.99996948