[Flac] frames number & compression level

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 22:43:40 PST 2009

--- Santiago Jimeno <sjimeno at ya.com> wrote:

> I am making a program to obtain information from FLAC files in Visual
> Basic. NET language.
> If somebody needs it I can send it. I can also translate it to C #.
> But I have read the documentation and I have looked for in sdk 1.2.2
> and I don't find how to get the frames number of the file and the
> used compression level (5 default and others)

compression level is not stored by default.  if the stream is fixed
blocksize (min and max blocksize in the streaminfo is the same) the
total number of frames can be calculated by dividing the number of
samples (also in streaminfo) by blocksize.

http://flac.sourceforge.net/format.html#metadata_block_streaminfo