[Flac] track vs album replaygain: strange values

porte64 at free.fr porte64 at free.fr
Mon Apr 20 10:21:10 PDT 2009

Hello,

I have experienced some quite strange with the "replaygain"
option after i had invoked FLAC over a set of files:

1. the TRACK_PEAK value is the same from the 3 tracks
and equal to the ALBUM_PEAK

2. the TRACK_GAIN values happen to be either above or below
(and never equal to) the ALBUM_GAIN value.

I can reproduce this ad lib (see example below), so this is a bug.

Or did i miss something ?

Please tell me if i am right -- if the "REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_*" values
are supposed to be the maximum (or minimum) of the REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_*
values over all tracks.

# flac --replay-gain *.wav
# for f in *.flac; do echo "\n$f";  metaflac --export-tags-to= - $f; done

e512100f_00.flac
REPLAYGAIN_REFERENCE_LOUDNESS=89.0 dB
REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN=-8.58 dB
REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK=0.99996948