[Flac] how to get flac fingerprint from a wav?

Jeff jeff333b at comcast.net
Thu Jan 31 18:48:02 PST 2008

In windows command line:

I have a wav file and would like to see what the flac fingerprint would be.

To do this I run flac to encode the wav file and write the flac file to the
hard disk. I then run metaflac to read the flac file and display the
fingerprint.

Is there an existing way or other utility to do this without generating the
flac file on the hard disk. I would think it could be quicker and save time
without writing the flac file to the hard disk.