[Flac] new flac user

Rudy S. rudygs at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 6 14:02:51 PST 2008

a new user to flac here...am planning on archiving all my cd collection to an external hdd.have thought of using mp3 at 320k cbr or 192k vbr but have decided to go on flac.I am using EAC with flac as an external compression.there is an option on eac for bit rates.I think the default rate was set to 640kbits/s, with a min of 32kbits and max of 1024kbits/snow, my inquiry is... do I need to change the bit rate to 1024kbits or is the setting of the bitrates irrelevant since flac is lossless?Rudy