[Flac] Re: anyone using flac --sector-align?

David W. Tamkin dattier at panix.com
Sat Sep 29 19:45:52 PDT 2007

Dat Head wrote:

> I use it all the time for wav to flac conversions for CDR burning (doesn't
> everybody?!)  or maybe i use it with shntool before encoding to flac,

I'm pretty sure (don't have the code and couldn't read it if I had it)
that shntool's "fix" module doesn't use flac's --sector-align option but
has its own routines.  For one thing, shntool can fix .wav files or
anything else it can processs, and for another, when --sector-align had
that buffer clearing error a few versions ago, shntool fix didn't
exhibit it.

So if I'm right about that, Flac Front-End's call to flac --sector-align
needs it, but shntool (and Trader's Little Helper, which overlays
shntool) shouldn't be affected if --sector-align is dropped from flac.