[flac] re-encode tool win32

Frank Russo russofris at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 27 21:15:06 PDT 2007

Under linux/bash, it would be something like....

cd /MusicDirectory
find . -type f -name "*.flac"  -exec sh -c 'flac -t {} && flac -8V {}' \;

Or to simplify and not test each file before re-encode....

find . -type f -name "*.flac"  -exec flac -8 {} \; -print

Can someone translate this into NTBatch?  Basically, recursive "dir" *.flac files as a nested command into a for loop or something?  I'd hate to suggest someone install cygwin just because I don't remember how to script in dos.  No need for a "GUI" when you can one-line it.

Frank