[Flac] Re: Welcome to the "Flac" mailing list

Martin Leese martin.leese at stanfordalumni.org
Thu Nov 1 15:38:43 PDT 2007

"Alex Brims" <alex.brims at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, we actually worked this out - there were 2 extra bytes doing nothing at
> the end of the files.  Opening the file in SoundForge and saving it (without
> changing it) took off the extra bytes and allowed the file to convert to
> FLAC.
>
> Thanks to everyone who emailed me suggestions.
>
> Is there a decent program for linux that could automatically take these
> bytes off, without running the risk of removing good data?  Or is there a
> way to get the flac converter to ignore this error and create the file?  I'm
> running flac 1.2.1 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4.

I am butting in here, but if these extra bytes
are harmless then shouldn't this be a warning,
not an error?

I had a similar problem years ago with acoustic
data.  The data files were mounted from a
computer running VMS using NFS.  When
viewed on a UNIX machine, the files had extra
data after the (UNIX) logical end-of-file.

--
Martin J Leese
E-mail: martin.leese at stanfordalumni.org
Web: http://members.tripod.com/martin_leese/