[Flac] Re: Welcome to the "Flac" mailing list

Alex Brims alex.brims at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 05:26:20 PDT 2007

Hi,

I'm having problems encoding certain WAV files to FLACs.  I'm working for a
download store so we get loads of different WAVs from hundreds of suppliers
and generally they encode ok, but sometimes we are getting unexplained
errors.  I've looked through the archives for the last few months but I
can't see any discussions that relate to this specific problem.

This file: http://www.outspaced.com/tester.wav was received in a batch with
14 other WAVs from a supplier.   Of these, 4 got rejected by the FLAC
encoder, while the rest got encoded successfully.

Each one that got rejected encoded up to 98 or 99%, before quitting with
this error:

tester.wav: 98% complete, ratio=0.610882269808838_01_14.wav: ERROR: got
partial sample

Normally when this error happens, the file has actually been truncated from
a cutoff during FTP, but for these ones, the checksums supplied all match
the ones we generated and the files don't sound like they're missing any
audio.

I've got no idea what else could be wrong with the file ... is there any
ways around this?

 Cheers,
Alex