[Flac] RE: Converting to 1.1.4, help please!

Tim ht_nut at earthlink.net
Sun May 13 17:45:56 PDT 2007

Thanks Jud, I was able to re-encode my entire FLAC archive into 1.1.4,
although on my slow computer (with all other apps closed) it took over 3
days to complete!  Only one song returned an error and that was quite easy
to fix.

I did run into one issue though.  I have a FLAC album in which the songs are
all 24/96 and REFLAC fails when it runs.

I want to re-encode them from compression level 5 down to level 1 since my
streaming setup chokes a bit on the level 5 compression and others have had
no issues with level 1.

Here is the error text that I see when I attempt to run it:

F:\FLAC\ReFLAC>reflac -r -1
reflac 0.1 by Jud White (jwhite at cdtag.com)

Re-flac'ing ... press ^C to abort

F:\FLAC\ReFLAC\Claire Martin - He Never Mentioned Love (2007)
02 - Forget Me.flac

Error Message:
Could not find file 'F:\FLAC\ReFLAC\Claire Martin - He Never Mentioned Love
(200
7)\02 - Forget Me.flac'.

Stack trace:
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess
access, I
nt32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize,
FileOptions o
ptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess
access,
FileShare share)
   at IdSharp.Audio.Flac..ctor(String path)
   at reflac.Program.Main(String[] args)

I would really like to re-encode these into the lower compression, any help
would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tim