[Flac] FLAC: getting FLAC encoder version

Harry Sack tranzedude at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 08:38:41 PDT 2007

Hi,

I want to encode my CD collection using the FLAC encoder. I was wondering if
you can see the FLAC encoder version number (e.g. 1.1.4.) in the encoded
files in some way.
Does the encoder store the FLAC encoder version number in the encoded files
somewhere? I could store this version number in the comment tag myself when
I encode the files, but I was wondering if it's stored automatically
somewhere in the flac file.
I ask this because I later want to check my files for the version number and
if there is a new FLAC encoder I can re-encode the files with a version
number smaller then the version number of the new updated encoder.

thanks in advance!