[Flac] FLAC: specifying all files with extension .WAV

Harry Sack tranzedude at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 14:01:56 PDT 2007

Hi,

I want to use the "flac" encoder (in commandline mode) and I specify this
command to encode all .WAV files in the current directory:

N:\WAV>flac -V --best -- *.wav

flac 1.1.4, Copyright (C) 2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007  Josh
Coalson
flac comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software, and you are
welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.  Type `flac' for
details.

ERROR: can't open input file *.wav: Invalid argument

What is wrong in my syntax or how can I specify to encode all *.wav files in
the current directory (I'm using windows)?
I remember that typing 'flac --best *wav' DID work in linux, why doesn't it
work in windows?

thanks