[Flac] Re: FLAC: ERROR, MD5 signature mismatch

Andrew Snare ajs at pigpond.com
Mon Jul 30 09:14:06 PDT 2007

On Jul 26, 2007, at 1:24 PM, Harry Sack wrote:
> But how is it possible then the FLAC encoder allows files which
> have a bad resulting MD5 to be encoded? Is it because of the bad
> ram, ... this incorrect MD5 is not detected during encoding?

In your original email you mentioned that you had downloaded the FLAC
file with these errors; you don't know that the reference encoder was
used. I mention this because I have encountered such errors with
third-party encoders. For example, at least one release of Max wrote
incorrect checksums. (See <http://sbooth.org/tracker/view.php?id=222>
for details.)

Cheers,

  - Andrew