[Flac] Re: FLAC: ERROR, MD5 signature mismatch

Harry Sack tranzedude at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 12:25:50 PDT 2007

2007/7/25, Harry Sack <tranzedude at gmail.com>:

> Hi
>
> I have downloaded a FLAC file somewhere and when trying to decode it to
> WAV it gives the error message: ERROR, MD5 signature mismatch
> So my question is now: are FLAC files that give the error message above
> still decodable to WAV (and how can you do this, because flac.exe doesn't
> want to decode the file), even if there is a MD5 signature mismatch, or is
> this not possible at all?

An additional question: what happens if you re-encode a FLAC file, that
gives the error message 'ERROR, MD5 signature mismatch' while trying to
decode to WAV, to another FLAC file using a later version of the FLAC
encoder? I tried this and it seems to work, but I'm wondering if the audio
data is still the same in the new file as in the old file?  Or what happens
in the re-encode process when such a input FLAC file is re-encoded to
another FLAC file?

thx in advance!

thx