[Flac] FLAC: tool to re-encode (win32)

Harry Sack tranzedude at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 12:15:12 PDT 2007

Hi

i'm looking for a tool (it must run in win32) to re-encode existing FLAC
files to a newer version of FLAC.
I tried the FLAC frontend (included in the FLAC 1.2.0 installer) but this
tool doesn't allow this (it only allows encoding of WAV files to FLAC files,
re-encoding of FLAC files to FLAC files isn't supported). So I'm looking for
a tool that can re-encode existing FLAC files without having manually to
decode them to WAV.
I tried to do this in the windows command prompt several times but there are
too many problems with that windows prompt (no wildcard support if you use
flac.exe, ...) so I prefer a graphical tool.

I hope maybe somebody can help me

thanks in advance