[Flac] FLAC: general question

Greg M. contrabassboy at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 09:57:18 PDT 2007

Ivo, Harry is asking about CPU usage of the DEcoder,
not the ENcoder. And I believe FLAC is designed to use
as little CPU as possible for decoding, thereby
encouraging hardware manufacturers to include FLAC
support.

Encoding, however, is another matter, always done on a
computer, and requiring a good measure of CPU.

Greg M.