[Flac] FLAC: getting compression level using metaflac

Harry Sack tranzedude at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 11:13:56 PDT 2007

2007/7/5, Mark Rudholm <rudholm at hyperreal.org>:

> What difference does it make?

It would give me an indication of the filesize, so I mean: can the file
compressed more or not?
Now you can't see anything at all: if you have a FLAC file from an unknown
source, you can only guess if you can compress it more, because there is no
indication of the compression level.
(e.g. if it would say "compression level 5", I would know I can re-encode it
using level 8 to make it smaller)