[Flac] sampling rate in flac.

Ameya Potadar ameyap at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 04:50:40 PDT 2007

Hey ,
         can anyone tell me if the flac format restricts the sampling rate
to be same across all frames. As sampling rate field is present in each
frame header and streaminfo there is a possibility that it can vary from
frame to frame. I have gone through the format specification but dont think
this is clearly mentioned. ( Variable sampling frequency would make it
virtually impossible to tell if the particular flac stream is flac subset
format conformant just with the help of streaminfo).

Cheers