[Flac] Problem decoding .flac files

Hal Vaughan hal at thresholddigital.com
Wed Jan 31 08:19:01 PST 2007

I've been having problems with Amarok and K3B, but I think it comes down
to a problem with flac.  All my music and audio files are encoded in
flac format.  I've ripped my CDs using KAudioCreator and using this
command to encode them (split for formatting):

flac --best -o %o --tag=Artist=%{artist} --tag=Album=%{albumtitle}
--tag=Date=%{year} --tag=Title=%{title}
--tag=Tracknumber=%{number} --tag=Genre=%{genre} %f

Recently I've had some problems with burning files with K3B, so I tried
this command to decode one flac file to a wav file:

flac -d amj.flac

And I got the following output:

flac 1.1.2, Copyright (C) 2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005  Josh Coalson
flac comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software, and you
are
welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.  Type `flac' for
details.

amj.flac: 97% complete

amj.flac: ERROR while decoding data
          state = FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_END_OF_STREAM

The file plays without any problem from Amarok.  How can flac encode
this without any problem and have problems decoding it?

Hal