[Flac] Re: flac default options no longer printed

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 31 15:30:26 PST 2007

--- Dat Head <dathead2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 28, 2007 12:37 PM, Dat Head <dathead2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I was going to start storing the flac version number and options
> > in an ENCODER meta field and with v1.1.2 if you did:
> >     flac foo.flac 2>&1 | grep options
> > you could see the defaults options, in 1.2.1 it doesn't print the
> options (even
> > if you give it a valid flac file name)
> >
> > i.e. options: -P 4096 -b 4608 -m -l 8 -q 0 -r 3,3
> >
> > here was what i was going to do:
> >
> > metaflac --set-tag=ENCODER="$(flac --version; flac foo.flac 2>&1 |
> > grep options)"
>
> could i propose a new flag for next release maybe --show-defaults -
> or incorporate into existing flag (maybe just have --help show it?

I think the reason I took it out was because of the amount of code
it took to show correctly.  encoding has a lot of options, both
default and overrideable and they interact in complex ways.

lemme think how to handle it.  but saving the version and the full
command line is enough to figure out what options and defaults were
used to encode.

Josh