[Flac] FLAC: player with native support for flac embedded pictures

Jud White jwhite at cdtag.com
Thu Apr 19 11:55:00 PDT 2007

I already replied to this.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Flac] FLAC: software for displaying embedded picture
Date: 	Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:09:48 -0500
From: 	Jud White <jwhite at cdtag.com>
To: 	Harry Sack <tranzedude at gmail.com>
CC: 	flac at xiph.org

I modified foo_uie_albumart to work with embedded pictures in FLAC (and
ID3v2 tags).

What to do:

First get foobar: http://www.foobar2000.org/

Next get the UI Columns plugin: http://yuo.be/columns.php
Unzip the DLL to C:\Program Files\foobar2000\components

It's only available in 7-zip, so you'll need  a 7z extractor. WinRAR
http://rarsoft.com/ or 7-zip http://www.7-zip.org/ will work.

Next get the modified foo_uie_albumart plugin:
http://cdtag.com/download/foo_uie_albumart.zip
Extract to foobar2000\components again

The original plugin can be found here:
http://cherans.bol.ucla.edu/fooplugins.html You don't need it but I
wanted to credit the developers of this plugin.

Fire up foobar.  It will ask if you want to use Columns UI, say yes.

In foobar, go to File, Preferences, Columns UI. Right click on one
either Horizontal or Vertical splitter, Insert Panel, Panels, Album Art

Now if you select a file with an ID3v2 tag with a picture embedded
(doesn't need to be MP3) or a FLAC file with an embedded picture it will
be displayed in the album art panel.  If no art is found then it
defaults to searching for album art the standard way.

Oh, and I apologize if the plugin crashes your foobar. :)

-Jud