[Flac] While I'm Thinking About metaflac...

Brad Leblanc brad.leblanc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 07:00:59 PDT 2007

While I'm playing around with it, I'd like to ask about something I've
noticed.

Sometimes when I use metaflac to add tags, it performs it's operation
instantly in a split second.  Other times the same command causes lot of HDD
I/O's and I can see it create a "filename.flac.metadata_edit" temp file.
For example - I just added tags to a 25MB file and it took 15 seconds to
process the command.

Can anyone help me understand why there's different behaviors like this?
It's not a problem, just want to understand.

Thanks,

- Brad