[Flac] Re: FLAC: re-encode

Brian Willoughby brianw at sounds.wa.com
Tue Apr 10 11:21:02 PDT 2007

Hi,

I meant that it seems problematic to write an updated file to itself,
because the operation could erase the data before it is read.  Unless
you read the entire file first, or write to a temporary file which is
then renamed.  I deal with FLAC files that are over a gigabyte,
meaning that this could easily exceed normal buffers.

Just curious.  I guess I could go test it myself... or look in the
source...

Brian