[Flac] flac and metadata

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 23:35:22 PDT 2006

http://flac.sourceforge.net/faq.html#general__no_cuesheet_tags

> 1.2) Alternately is there some other method of tagging the tracks in
> a single large flac file so each track can have proper artist/title
> information?

some players can read a whole cuesheet stored in a CUESHEET tag.
the upcoming version will have an option for tagging from a file,
e.g. "flac --tag-from-file=CUESHEET=file.cue"

> 2) Is there any way to store CD-TEXT data in the flac file along with
> the cue sheet?

what's in the cuesheet is almost never the actual CD-TEXT, it's
a graft of CDDB tags into the cuesheet.

if you mean the actual subcode data for CD-TEXT, you could stuff
it in an APPLICATION block if you really wanted to.

Josh