[Flac] EAC + FLAC bitrate question?

Tim ht_nut at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 13 16:53:11 PDT 2006

This is more of an EAC question, but I have not yet received an answer from
my post on that page.  Since they are closely related I thought I would give
it a try here.

I just bought a BIG stack of CDs (70+) and decided to recheck all of my EAC
(beta 4) + FLAC (1.1.2) settings prior to ripping and encoding them.  I also
calibrated a new external Plextor CD-ROM too.

The setting string I use in EAC's "External Compression" window is:

-8 -V -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T
"tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" -T "comment=EAC Secure_Lossless FLAC " %s

On that same "External Compression" page, I noticed the bitrate selection
window directly beneath the compression setting string window.

Does the FLAC string window entry cause the bitrate window to be ignored?

I am desperately hoping that the over 1000 CDs I own and have already
processed (myself) are not in 192kBit/s FLAC, that would really be very bad
news.

Thanks in advance for the help, and I apologize if you consider this off
topic.  Looking forward to hearing good news and good music!