[Flac] FLAC / EAC Help

Liggatt, Keanon LiggattK at umkc.edu
Sat Jan 28 07:49:41 PST 2006

Hello!
I'm new here, so forgive in advance any ignorance if you will.

I have two issues...
One involved using flacattack.exe, and the other involves burning from cuesheets.

Issue #1:
---------
Any time I rip from EAC into flacattack.exe, and the disc being ripped includes various artists, flacattack.exe crashes on the second track.

The error I get (from the DOS window that flacattack runs in) is...

"Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
 Process id=0x13c8 (5064), Thread id=0x1534 (5428)."

I'm using the following process to RIP from EAC.
1. Action > Create Cue Sheet > Multiple WAV Files with Gaps .... (Noncompliant)
2. Action > Copy Selected Tracks > Compressed (Shift + F5)

I cannot see the final error messages of the flacattack.exe box as it closes as soon as I press CANCEL or OK, but I have noticed that the .wav files generated by default at d:\ are using the following bizarre filename (remember, this ONLY happens on various artist CDs...)
"Desert Storm - New Trition - 04 - Desert Storm - New Trition.wav"

In EAC, I am using the naming scheme "%A - %N - %T" in the "Filename" settings under EAC Options->Filename.

Issue #2:
---------
Given that I'm creating cuesheets and ripping with these steps:
1. Action > Create Cue Sheet > Multiple WAV Files with Gaps .... (Noncompliant)
2. Action > Copy Selected Tracks > Compressed (Shift + F5)
how do I now put my files, including cuesheet info, back onto CDs?

I've tried using the

1. Tools > Write CD-R
2. Load CUE Sheet

method to return my flacs (decoded into WAVs) to CD but receive the following error:
"Error in cue sheet. File type not supported in line 7."

I have attached my flacattack.ini file, and a sample cuesheet as generated by the process above.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.