[Flac] On the fly enconding with verification?

Eliezer Martinez hermes_vb at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 11:47:20 PST 2006

Well it says: "With this option, Flac will create a parallel decoder that decodes the output of the encoder and compares the result against the original." My question still remains. With "on the fly encoding" it encodes as it rips. It does not create an intermediate WAV file and then converts. So if verification is indeed taking place, does it mean it verifies against the source CD? Forgive my insistence, but I'm trying to understand how it works so I can decide which settings I'll be using since I use Flac for archival purpuses.

Josh Coalson <xflac at yahoo.com> wrote: Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:22:04 -0800 (PST)