[Flac] Problems with gain

Sun Feb 19 15:09:12 PST 2006

Hello.

CE wrote:
> Hails!  The reason this occurs is the default adjust value for
> mp3gain is stupid.  I always do an mp3gain -g 6 to mine after other
> adjustments.  Also with a player like XMMS that uses the FLAC plugin
> you can control the volume the flac play back at.

So what exact dB value does flac use? mp3gain + 6 dB are 95 dB IIRC.

I tried to apply mp3gain -m 6 to my mp3s, I got this:

WARNING: some clipping may occur with this gain change!

with most mp3s. So this cannot be the best way ...

Regards,

Martin Wegner

--
Get my public GPG key from pgp.mit.edu or wwwkeys.pgp.net
Key ID: 0x44085D12