[Flac] Creative Commons Music Torrents at Ogg Frog

Rippit the Ogg Frog rippit at oggfrog.com
Sat Feb 11 11:10:16 PST 2006

Greetings,

I offer Bit Torrent downloads of music in Ogg Vorbis, FLAC and other
formats at:

http://www.oggfrog.com/music/

It has a Creative Commons license and is completely legal to copy and share.

If you offer your music under a Creative Commons or similar license, I
can host your torrents for you.  I'm not yet set up to accept file
uploads, so I need you to send me a CD of your music via snail mail,
according to the instructions at:

http://www.oggfrog.com/music/bit-torrent-hosting.html

You can send either an audio CD, or a data CD with WAV or FLAC files.  I
can do the ripping, encoding and tagging for you, unless you prefer to
do them yourself.

Torrent hosting is free of charge, and includes a separate page for each
artist, with links to your website and anywhere your CDs may be sold online.

The Ogg Frog website at http://www.oggfrog.com/ is intended to be a
valuable, free resource to help people get more out of digital music,
free software and free music formats.

Besides the torrents, I'm writing a series of digital music how-to
articles that are also under Creative Commons licenses, and developing a
cross-platform CD ripper, encoder, burner, player and backup program
that will be released as Free Software under the GNU General Public
License.  I expect to release it this summer.  It will of course support
Ogg Vorbis and FLAC.

I have written an essay as to why I'm doing all this that is available
in rough draft form.  I'm not completely happy with it yet, and value
any suggestions you may have for how I can improve it:

Why Ogg Frog?
http://www.oggfrog.com/manifesto/

Enjoy!

Rippit the Ogg Frog
rippit at oggfrog.com
http://www.oggfrog.com/

    Software isn't the only thing that should be free.
          Music should be too, as it once was.