[Flac] 2 questions on flac files with internal cue sheet.

Michael Kiermaier michael.kiermaier at gmx.net
Sat Apr 22 04:41:26 PDT 2006

Hi,

I made backup-copies of several CDs.

First I used eac (exactaudiocopy) for exact ripping to a single wav-file with
cue sheet.

Then I used
flac --cuesheet=<cuefile> <wavfile>
to get a flac file with internal cue sheet.

I am on a linux system. eac is running in a vmware-windows (actually, eac is
the only reason that I have a windows version running).

At this point I have two questions:

1)
I want to produce track-wise vorbis- and mp3-files from the flac file.
I am not a scripting wizard, so I wonder how to write a bash script that loops
through the single tracks of the flac file and passes them to oggenc or lame.
Maybe someone has done this already and could show his solution.

2)
Is there a linux audio player that understands flac files with internal cue
sheets?

Many thanks in advance,

~michael