[Flac] Non-consistent Size

Rob M. rmdiv2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 00:40:34 PDT 2005

I have converted the same wav file with FLAC 1.1.2 on
two different machines. Flac on these two machines was
installed at different times (about 2 months apart)
but the version incl all the file sizes and time
stamps are the same so I am pretty sure it's exactly
the same program. Despite that the two machines
produce different results. Nevertheless, after
converting the flac files back to wav the result on
both machines are the same. So the question is what is
going on here? Are the algorithms used different on
different machines? In my case one of them is a dual
Athlon and the other one a Pentium M.

Rob