[Flac] winamp plugin can't apply +'ve replaygain

DaveS davls at telus.net
Wed Apr 27 19:04:31 PDT 2005

I've recently encoded some older CDs to flac that ended up with a
positive album ReplayGain value.  (+2.0dB)
Problem is they sound noticeably quieter then other albums when played
through winamp.  (Album mode and ReplayGain are on)
When played through foobar2000 they are louder as I would expect.

I did a few tests.  When the Preamp is down to -24 all playback is very
quiet.  When I put it up to +24 it doesn't sound any louder then 0.

I'm guessing that no volume adjustments above 0 are being applied.  Is this
fixable?

--
DS