[Flac-users] Re: detecting encoding parameters?

David W. Tamkin dattier at panix.com
Wed Jul 21 14:53:01 PDT 2004

Darn, I've deleted Josh's response, so I'll work from memory:

Other than displaying block size with metaflac, I'm stumped at how to
find out the -l and -r values and the -m / -M choices, so how does one
determine them?

And to avoid the overhead of a separate post, where does one get the
cnv_flacpcm.wac support file for Winamp 3?  It's not in the .zip file,
it's not in the Windows installer such as I can see.  A search on Google
turned up only references to it rather than copies of it.  The search
function on winamp.com swears that there are no plug-ins matching the
string "flac" or "cnv_flacpcm.wac" or "flacpcm" or "cnv_flacpcm."  (I'm
asking mostly out of curiosity; I'm still using Winamp 2 and an old
in_flac.dll that displays filenames as titles because I haven't tackled
learning tagging yet.)

Thanks.