[Flac] Flac Tags?

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 21:19:17 PST 2004

--- Free Lunch <freelunch at gmail.com> wrote:
> How can you dump tags from files that are in FLAC format?
>
> At times I need to convert flac files and I would like to save the
> tag
> info so it can be re-applied.

you can use metaflac.  there is no html documentation yet but there
is a man page.  you can also to 'metaflac --help' for usage.

to export tags:

metaflac --export-tags-to=tags.txt file1.flac

to import into another file:

metaflac --import-tags-from=tags.txt file2.flac

to transfer in one step:

metaflac --export-tags-to=- file1.flac | metaflac --import-tags-from=-
file2.flac

Josh