[Flac-users] Re: CD archival best practices?

Curt Sampson cjs at cynic.net
Wed May 28 19:06:05 PDT 2003

On Wed, 28 May 2003, Josh Coalson wrote:

> interesting idea, CD-TEXT is in the subcode and if cdrdao can
> split it out that's better I think than hacking the CUESHEET
> block to store CD-TEXT.

I suppose the ideal would be to have a metadata block to store the
subcode from a CD, and something that could interpret it as CD-TEXT, if
that's what it is. Then it would be possible to add other interpretation
mechanism, such as Karaoke-CD and so on.

> yes, eventually I will add support for importing cdrdao TOC
> format as well as soon as I figure it out.  hopefully the
> format is pretty stable.

The format is fairly well documented in the manpage, and seems pretty
stable to me. There's also a program called toc2cue that comes with
cdrdao that would provide some information. (This is what I use to
convert the TOC files to CUE files to make the cue sheets, though I seem
to lose a lot of information when I do that.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs at cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.netbsd.org